If you are a current MNZ member (MNZ Licence holder, Current Official, MNZ Life member, Hall of Fame member, Board or Commissioner) you are entitled to vote.
If you have a registered email address with MNZ, you should have already been sent an online voting link. If you have not yet received this, please check your spam or junk folders.
The result of the election process will be announced at the Annual General Meeting of MNZ in Wellington from May 14-16.
Here at BikesportNZ.com we believe it is important for you to know about these men and see what makes them tick, so we have taken the opportunity to offer you the profiles and background of both these men.
Here’s what Mike ‘Mac’ McLeod has to say:
“I am an organised, experienced motorcycle administrator, competitor and business owner with a proven ability to build effective working relationships. I seek opportunities to make the sport safe, fun and fair for both competitors and spectators.
“I am an efficient time manager, approach any task with enthusiasm and present comfortably in all settings, relating with confidence to people from all walks of life and cultures. As a team member, I possess a robust sense of humour and thrive in an environment that is dynamic and focused.
“As your President and representative on the Board, I commit to listening to you and your ideas to ensure the future of our sport. Together we can grow our sport by increasing its public profile, negotiating changing operating climates and, providing a career pathway for competitors, administrators and governors.”
Motorcycle Event Management & Governance
* FIM CMS Member
* Understanding of MNZ Board governance through being a Board Member, discussions with current members and with Life Members
* President of two different motorcycle clubs running successful club events and growing membership by over 50%
* Successful management of multiple simultaneous workshop projects, delivering on time and budget
* Chair of major sports event management team — successful Oceania event for all stakeholders designed and run using FIM rules and regulations
* Jury member at Motocross of Nations (Ernee, 2005; Matterley Basin, 2006; Budds Creek, 2007)
* Team Manager at Motocross of Nations (Zolder, 2003; Lierop, 2004; Donington Park, 2008; Franciacorta 2009) and numerous FIM Asian Championships
* Board member at World Junior Motocross Champs in NZ (2009) Communication & Relationship/Stakeholder Management
* Developed comprehensive communications strategy for international motocross team
* Proven understanding of media management especially when ‘things go wrong’
* Proven experience in mentoring, supporting and training up and coming riders
* Successful key account management and customer development strategies implemented to exceed targets
* Proven relationship development, building and maintenance ability, within and across cultures
* Demonstrated stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Voting closes at 5pm on Wednesday, May 5, and all paper votes must be sent directly to the Voting Auditor and be postmarked before this date in order to be considered valid.
Words provided by Mike ‘Mac’ McLeod
© Photo by Andy McGechan, BikesportNZ
Find BikesportNZ.com on FACEBOOK here