Woodville Motocross 50th re-union celebration – a really special deal for earlybirds.
The Manawatu-Orion Motorcycle Club has now arranged for those who get in early the best deal in 50 years!
• Saturday 29th January – Coach Tour starting 9.30am from the front of Kingsgate Motor Inn, 110 Fitzherbert Ave. Palmerston North. Travelling to Thomson’s Motorcycle Museum to view some of the world’s rarest motorcycles & memorabilia with morning tea.
From there the group travels past some of our old MX tracks via Taikorea MX Park, Halcombe Rd through Feilding to the Wind Farm on Saddle Rd., where the club will have a guided tour by wind farm manager Colin Farrington then move on to Woodville township for lunch & Woodville Town’s Market Day. After lunch we go to the Woodville MX Circuit Manawatu-Orion MCC hospitality marquee to view races like Vintage MX, Juniors, & Minis before coaching back to the Kingsgate Motor Inn by 4.30pm. Earlybirds will get free MX tickets for the weekend.
• But wait, there’s more — a re-union buffet dinner in the upstairs Steeple Restaurant at 7pm where we need you to bring along your photos, memorabilia, posters & stories. Display board, roaming microphone, DVD & overhead projector facilities will be available.
• And the price just $45 per person for all of the above, BUT you must pay & register with Tim Gibbes before 20th January. Make cheques payable to Manawatu-Orion Motorcycle Club & post to Tim Gibbes, 166 Kelvin Grove Rd., Palmerston North. Phone 06 3530750. e-mail email@example.com
Don’t forget your name & contact details with the cheque. Ordinary unsubsidised price is $90 for all this or $50 for just the evening meal, which will be applied to all latecomers who don’t register. Obviously the club needs confirmation & cooperation to firm up bookings. Special price bookings are available at Kingsgate Motor Inn, phone 06 3568059 from 27th to 31st January, mention “Manawatu-Orion MCC” & special rate rooms including breakfast are Economy = $99/night, Superior/night $119.00 inc GST
• If you have arrival & departure transport problems in Palmerston North, let Tim Gibbes know.
• Then on Sunday 30th January you make your own way to the Woodville MX using your free earlybird admission ticket again by midday again join the group in the Manawatu-Orion MCC hospitality marquee, join in the 50 years of MX parade – not a race & on the easy bits!, preferably with your old bike & riding gear but if no bike we need you there too. Of course there will be the river races, MX1 & MX2 Grand Prix races. If you want to race in any of the Woodville events, entries close on 14th January www.momcc.co.nz
• As mentioned in our earlier circular there’s much more to Manawatu-Orion MCC’s Centenary celebrations.
• April 2/3 – Motorcycling NZ National Road Race Championships final at Manfeild with displays where you can show your wares.
• 14th May Beach racing at Waitarere, & now to be followed next day with a metal road hill climb, all organised by & thanks to Don Elliott.
• May 20-22 Motorcycling New Zealand Annual General Meeting at Palmerston North
• Then later in the year NZ Veterans MX Champs, BSA Shield Trial & Centenary Dinner.
Phone & Fax 06 353 0750 (not auto)
Mobile, Tim Gibbes, 0274 422 662,
166 Kelvin Grove Rd.,
Palmerston North, 4414