Mark your calendars for the Encounter Camps Spring Fest from September 28 until October 4.
Registrations are still open for the Encounter Camps Spring Fest seven-day camp coming up in school holidays. Four full days riding on motocross and trail tracks, with blo-karts mid-week.
“We create opportunities that will unleash and release potential in young people, said event director and former extreme motocross exponent Mary Wanhill.
Encounter Camps offer a camp community to strengthen young people, help them discover more about life and connect with others, while enjoying riding dirt bikes;
- Camps range from three to seven days during school holidays or weekends, at suitable facilities.
- Camps cater from learner to experienced rider levels.
- Bike and safety gear hire options or provide own equipment.
- Bike and campers’ transportation, accommodation and food are provided for the duration of the camp.
- Each day has learning modules, including ABL activities, small group discussions and teaching sessions. A high level of safety on and off the tracks.
Benefits of Encounter Camps:
- A safe place to explore ones identity through a supportive camp community and learning environment.
- Increased self-esteem through an environment of acceptance where young people feel valued and understood.
- Empowerment of learning new skills such as bike mechanics, riding tips and team work.
- Social skills development through participation of activities, communication in team work and leadership opportunities.